Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Pizza

I went to Cassie's house after school yesterday. I was going to leave before they had dinner, but she told me I had to promise to eat at home. I couldn't promise her that, couldn't lie to my best friend.
"I don't know, Cassie. I'm trying, but it's really hard to make myself do it."
"I know. I'm sorry. But you really need to eat."
"Yeah, I know."
"Stay and eat with me."
"Cassie..." (whining)
"Just one piece of pizza. And some salad if you want it."
"Can I just have the salad?"
"Nope."
So I ate a piece of pizza. I hadn't had pizza in forever. I told her I couldn't eat it downstairs with her whole family. So we ate together in her room. It was all cheesy and greasy and... kind of delicious. Of course afterwards, all I could think about was throwing up. I pretty much curled up in her chair and cried because I hated my body so much. But here's the thing, I made it! It was a very small step, but it WAS a step! I <3 my buddy Cassie. :)

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Andy. You're pretty awesome yourself! :) We can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw well done! :)
    That is really good, well done.

    ReplyDelete