Tuesday, April 6, 2010

"Little girl, 21, you never thought this would come...

You starve yourself to play the part.
But I can promise you there's a man whose love is true
And he'll treat you like the jewel you are
There could never be a more beautiful you."
I sang along to these words as I got ready for school this morning. I put on my favorite necklace & a really cute shirt I borrowed from my sister. I smiled at myself in the mirror. Anyone that could have seen me would have that I was a normal girl. Maybe even a little happier than normal.
No one knows that I only ate half an apple yesterday & went running in the freezing rain. No one knows that I'm doing the same thing today. If they knew, they'd try to make me eat. And that would destroy the happy girl inside me.
When I fight, I hurt. When I let go, let myself sink down, suddenly I find myself flying higher than ever before. I'm beautiful. I'm thin and getting thinner. I'm anorexic. And I love it!

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard that song before but I like those lyrics! You have amazing control, I envy you for that.

    ReplyDelete