Wednesday, April 21, 2010

OK, this is like the sweetest thing ever...

OK, I told you about writing love on my arm today in my last post. I've had a lot of people ask me about it all day, and I'm happy to tell them that I'm supporting everyone who struggles with self-injury. :) Then Cassie asked me. My first reaction was like, "You don't KNOW?", but I explained. She knows about the cutting. She was the first one to know. She got really quiet for a minute. Then she dug through my backpack for a pen, pulled up her sleeve, and wrote "LOVE" in huge letters on her arm. Then she hugged me tight & told me I was her best friend & she loved me. I kinda started tearing up, but it was happy tears. I hugged her back and told her, "Thank you for helping me stop cutting."
It's true. Love CAN replace cutting. Can it replace an eating disorder? I don't know yet.

2 comments:

  1. Thats a lovely story!
    Its great you have such a nice friend, who is supportive of you :)
    Good luck giving up, one day I hope to do so too. But I dont think Im brave enough to tell people though...
    *Love* Sun-lit~ x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwe =] Thats awesome, she seems like a great friend :)
    I think enough love can stop an eating disorder...just takes A LOT of love =\

    ReplyDelete